30 April 2010

Eternity's Villanelle

She used her mother’s vanishing cream,
because other kids said she was queer.
Eternity slipped like silk from a dream

never belonging to any class team.
Trying to make life disappear
she used her mother’s vanishing cream.

The principal called her make-up extreme.
Said she’s young to appear so “austere.”
Eternity slipped like silk from a dream

and cried when she wanted to scream.
The day her best friend forever steered clear
she used her mother’s vanishing cream.

Invisibility is a swift flowing stream
but it fails to eradicate fear.
Eternity slipped like silk from a dream.

Her future inspired a letting go scheme.
Pills popped to stop one more year.
She used her mother’s vanishing cream
Eternity slipped like silk from a dream.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hey! These were my favorites:
Benign
To The Office
Miss Karen
Slumber Party Conjuring
The Sideways Science of the Middle School Student

And this one I'm commenting on, Eternity's Villanelle, is definitely my favorite.
I think teens would like these. And I don't think the Conjuring one would cause any problems. You aren't telling anyone to go out and do it, it's just an experience that some teenagers have.

Hope that was helpful :)

brenda w said...

Yay! I love you, and I love Boon Dog, your words brought smiles, just like you do! :~) Thanks for taking the time to read and comment; your opinion matters to me. You rock Jules!!